[Note: this post should have been posted yesterday]
Exercises
Meals
- Breakfast: Overnight fridge oats, strawberry
- Lunch: Roasted veggie power bowl
- Dinner: Sweet potato street tacos (subbed red potato in for sweet)
- Snack: One cup frozen grapes and a cheese stick
Thoughts
 |
| Strawberry pie fridge oats |
To be honest, I was a little scared of the fridge oats. They don't look very good and I'm not a fan of fruit with my meals. I'm very weird like that. There's Greek yogurt in here, and I have issues with yogurt for whatever weird reason. Sometimes food is jus not my friend. But, this breakfast tastes great! I am surprised how fantastic it is and how much I actually like it. Fridge oats are literally the easiest thing to make, ever. Just make a bunch and throw them in the fridge and you have breakfast for days. The recipe called for cherries, but I'm not a huge fan of those, so I added strawberries instead. I think you can add in whatever fruit you want. The Fit Girl Guide that I'm following said eating overnight fridge oats is like having dessert for breakfast, and that is so true. They are sweet, but not too sweet for the morning. I think I'm in love. The milk, yogurt, and oats blend really well together and it doesn't seen like I'm eating straight yogurt. I used honey instead of plain. Adds a bit more flavor and also takes away from some prep because the recipe calls for honey. I figured, I already have honey flavored yogurt, I don't need more honey in my oats.
 |
| Roasted veggie power bowl . . . err, plate |
The roasted veggie power bowl took a lot of prep time. A lot. I had to finish the rest today. That's okay. I'm finally on summer break, so a little extra work isn't going to kill me. I'll know better for next time. All that prep time was so worth it though because it was very yummy. There was chicken, black beans, brown, roasted green peppers, carrots, and broccoli, kale (which I'm not sure if I like yet), and hummus as a dressing. So far, I'm very impressed with the food. It's good, healthy, and for the most part, very filling. I may have to add in an extra snack or two because I do find myself hungry throughout the day, but I don't think that will make much difference, calorie wise. Especially if I have two hard boiled eggs instead of one and add in some more fruit or veggies. I have two more of these in the fridge, and Tuesday I have to meal plan again for the rest of the week. I might choose some different veggies to spice it up. In the Guide, they had used zucchini and I don't know why I didn't do that as well. It looked so good. At the moment, I don't have a food scale, so I'm guessing on the measurements. So far, it seems okay, but I think when I go grocery shopping next I'll pick up a cheap food scale so I can get the proportions right.
 |
| Red potato street tacos with sliced strawberry |
For dinner I had potato tacos. I think I have a mild allergy to sweet potatoes, so I subbed in red potatoes. They were super good. Oh my gosh. I can't believe how good they were. I'm not sure if I made too much or my soft taco shells were too small because the food was overflowing. Maybe next time I will add an extra soft taco and divvy up the food that way. For the tacos, there were red potatoes, mozzarella cheese, avocado, green peppers, onions, spinach, and salsa with a side of sliced strawberries. I used to dislike strawberries, but now I think they are one of the best things ever. Look how colorful the food is! It was so good and so filling. One of my favorite aspects about this Guide is that I can have dark chocolate. That makes me super happy and satisfies my chocolate cravings.
I really enjoyed the sun salutation. Sundays are my rest days, so I plan on doing that sun salutation at the very least on Sundays. Every other day, however, I'm running. I plan on stretching during those days too because I know how important it is. As of now, I have a very positive impression about the Fit Girl Guide. Good food, drinking lots of water, and it's very positive and flexible. I'm looking forward to the next 27 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment