![]() |
| Sweaty Selfie! |
Miles Ran: 1.23
Time: 15:00
Minutes/Mile: 12:10
Calories Burned: 136
Whenever I successfully run up a hill, I always feel like a badass. I completed half of the run I set out to, but it's definitely better than nothing. Not having ran basically this whole week, I was glad I ran at all. But, now that the semester is coming to a close, I can run in the mornings without worrying about going to campus.
I'm done with most classes, and now I have to write two papers. Today, I will print out and annotated all the sources for my paper due Monday night. I hope to get most of my researching done today and plan to start on drafting my paper. I have a lot of great sources for this paper, and I just need to sit down and get it done. I have all day today, all day tomorrow, and the majority of the day Monday to complete it. Tuesday, I am going to work on my paper that's due Friday night. This one, I hope, will be easier because it's shorter and I've already written the paper. I mostly need to line edit and get all the confusion out of it. On second though, it might not be so easy, but at least I have most of the week to work on it. After that, I'll be done. Done done done.
I mentioned in an earlier blog post (I can't remember it if was the last one or not) that I am switching all my beauty products to cruelty free products. A student of mine wrote a paper on animal testing and their paper inspired me to switch products. I've done a lot of research and here are some of the products I've bought so far:
- Burt's Bees - They have a whole line of products, from face wash to shampoo/conditioner. I bought some amazing facial wipes and they work so well. I feel like my face is so much cleaner than with the Clearasil face wipes I used to use. I plan on getting a face wash and a facial cleanser, as well as chapstick, when my current products run out. I'm very excited.
- Gold Bond - I've already used Gold Bond before because my mom got me a tube for Christmas. That one I use for my hands. The one I bought recently is Gold Bond: Daily Moisturizing and it is a God send. My skin feels so much better and it usually gets dry during the day, but from just a few days of using Gold Bond, it is very soft and smooth.
- Mitchum - Deodorant. I used Suave, and it was okay, but never really did much. Some days it did, other days it didn't. I haven't used Mitchum yet, but I hope it works. I'm can't wait to switch out more of my products so that I support cruelty free products.
This journey or mission I'm on is a thrilling one. It might not seem like much, but I get all giddy when I'm able to buy a new product that wasn't tested on animals.
I am going to take a shower and get this writing process on the roll.
Yeah!


No comments:
Post a Comment