Background: Part II
I've always led a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I'm a reader and a writer, not a runner or a sports player. I did play soccer when I was in second grade. It was all my decision, too. My team was terrible -- we lost every game and the only position I wanted to play was goalie because I didn't have to move a lot. Maybe that's why we lost.
I like swimming and volleyball, but nothing competitive. I got out of my swim team's meets because I can't dive (it's a silly fear) and apparently I can't do the breast stroke right.
See, I've always been that way.
My brother, on the other hand, is the most active person in my family. He was on swim team, he plays pool, he can run faster than I can. At least I think he can, we've never really tested it out. I must have left all the activeness in the womb and he gobbled it up. He drives me crazy because he's so good at everything and he doesn't even try. But, with a face like that, how can you not love him? We're pretty incapable of taking normal pictures.
My mom and I used to hike a lot when I was in high school, but it was only during the summers. It was a lot of fun, but again, I was left trailing behind. My mom is a beast when it comes to hiking. I mean that in the best possible way too. She would just go, go, go until we were done and she'd have to wait for me at the top of the hill where we parked.
When I move back home for a year, my dad and I are going to try working out together and eating clean together. Hopefully by the time I move back I will have this running thing under control and I can focus on eating better. My dad is the best. He's always been so supportive of me and my goals. Actually, he's one of the reasons I want to get back into exercising. I want to show him that we can do this and it doesn't matter how slow we take it, everything will work out.
My family is my rock, and I love them a bunch.
Tomorrow is the official day I start running. I've been running on and off this past month, but nothing has really stuck. I just can't seem to get out of bed. As I mentioned in the last post, this blog should help keep me motivated to run. Here is a picture of my running schedule. I've skipped a few days. Instead of moving on to week three like I originally planned, I'm going to stay with week two for this week. Then, everything will proceed as normal. Of course, I'll be a week behind, but I'm okay with that. As long as I'm running, I don't care what the end-date is.
This is my last rest day for five days, so I should soak it up and prepare for tomorrow.
Here we go.
Kelly-Rae
No comments:
Post a Comment