Wednesday, July 10, 2013

5-4-3-2-1 Workout

Motivational Quote: "If you fail to prepare, you're prepared to fail." - Mark Spitz

Workout Time: 15:00

Calories Burned: 301

~~~
 
I have been on the hunt for short workouts to do while I'm overseas.  I won't be able to run and I know I won't have the time (or the desire) to do the workouts on the calendar.  I'm not bringing my computer with me, and I really don't want to watch workout videos on my phone.
 
To Pinterest I went, and I found a few workouts that I can do while the shower is warming up or during my nightly routine.  The one I did today is called the 5-4-3-2-1 workout.  I did pretty much all the workouts, except for the tricep dip.  That was basically impossible for my lack of upper-arm strength, so I did a minute of pushups and substituted two minutes of candlestick dippers, one minute each side.
 
It definitely got my heart racing and it was a lot harder than I expected, which is good.  It takes fifteen minutes to complete, so I probably won't do it while I'm travelling.  However, it's a nice workout for busy days or when I'm watching TV and need something to do for a while.
 
I doubt I'll blog much on this blog while I'm over there, but if I find that I need to/want to, I will.  I'll mostly blog on my other one: thisiskellyraeineurope.blogspot.com.  Check it out if you want.
 
I have been kind of lazy lately.  I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that we don't have a lot of healthy food in the house or if I just don't want to.  I haven't done any workouts on the July calendar, but that's because the first week I was at my cabin, this week I'm packing, and the next two weeks I'll be overseas.  I find no point in printing it out just for a week.  It's a waste of paper and my time.  Instead, I had hoped to run in the morning, but that didn't workout.  Oh well.  At least I'm still moving and trying to find something to keep me active.  I think that's the most I can ask for.
 
I had this great image of me working out out and eating healthy every day, and it can still happen, but I have to push myself.  It's a hard thing to do when my day isn't as full as I'm used to.  When I get back, I should be busier.  I've declared August the month I find a job, the month I begin editing a professor's manuscript for some extra money, the month I prepare for the GRE, the month I begin drafting my applications for grad school and my sample papers, and the month one of my best friends gets married (though I didn't actually declare that one).  So, with all that happening, I should be pretty motivated and energized to workout.  Let's hope so.  If not, someone please yell at me through text, comment, or Facebook to get off my ass and do something.  Seriously.
 
Tomorrow, I plan on posting a five minute workout, so maybe I'll find something that will fit for my travels.
 
Here we go!
 
Kelly-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment