Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 15, 2015

Today, I went on a run. It was terrible. I was out of breath the whole time and I had a stitch in my side. But, I'm glad I did it. I know where I need to start and how I need to get where I want my body to be.

When I first started this blog, I blogged a whole month of me running. I'm going to do that again. I'm going to run the rest of this month and into the end of April. In May, I will start up pilates again along with running, even if it's only once or twice a week. I remember how much running helped and how it liberated me and really got me in shape. I hope it will do the same this time around.

Here I have my run for today. I didn't really run 10 minutes straight, though that would have been amazing. No, I think I ran about 5 minutes straight with a 5 minute power walk. This was alternating. I had planned on trying to run for 20 or even 30 minutes, alternating between running and walking, but this is a very hilly area and I was beat fast. I'm also not very familiar with my neighborhood, so that didn't help much either.

Next time, I think I will try for earlier in the morning because it was kind of warm. I seem to run better when it's cooler outside. I think that's normal, but who knows.

I plan on following the Color Run plan, which I have done before and it is very successful.

I feel like going back to the beginning will be beneficial because it was so successful last time. I know what works for my body and I'm definitely going to do all I can to work with it. The only issue at this point is the terrain. I have to find a route that works for me and doesn't tire me out right away. I know I'll find one, it's just a matter of time.

Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment