Saturday, April 18, 2015

Up hills and through wind

Look at those rad shades
Miles Ran: 1.66
Time: 21:00
Minutes/Mile: 12:38
Calories Burned: 181

Every time I get to 17 minutes, I want to quit. I want to just go home and blog and shower. I don't and I'm glad I don't. But it's so tempting, mostly because when I hit 17 minutes, I'm very close to my apartment and I see it staring at me, calling me to just give up and be happy with running 17 minutes. And my body is screaming and my shoulder is hurting and demanding me to stop. But my brain and whatever willpower is left pushes me forward. It's a great feeling. I really just have to say, two more minutes of running and then I'm done. That's it. Two more minutes. And then when I'm down to the last 30 seconds, I think 10 more seconds, 10 more seconds, 10 more seconds. And I'm done.

I hope I'm more productive today than I was yesterday. True, I did run and I went to campus to meet with a professor, but after that I discovered Buffy the Vampire Slayer and neglected all my homework. In a way, I think I needed it, but in another way, I'm a little disappointed in myself. I have a lot of stuff to do and I wish I would stop putting it off and just do it. Today better be that day or else I'm going to have Sunday to get everything done again, and that does not sound like a fun time.

Cannot wait for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment