Monday, June 3, 2013

Running: Day 21; Pilates: Day 1

Progress Report: June 2013
Motivational Quote: "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Run Time: 32:00

Distance: 2.92 mi.

Average min/mi: 10:57

Calories Burned: 291

Pilates Workout Time: 22:41

Calories Burned: 181

Total Calories Burned: 472

~~~
 
It's June!  I'm happy it's June because now I'll be able to break up my routine a little bit with Pilates.  I'm doing with POPilates workout calendar this month and I'm pretty much ready to go.
 
I went on my run this morning.  I paced myself a bit better this time and I ended up going slower, but I didn't have to stop as much to catch my breath.  This week is running fifteen minutes and walking one minute, two sets.  Next week, I'll go the whole thirty minutes without stopping.
 
I saw a skunk this morning.  I would have taken a picture because I think that's the first time I've seen one that isn't roadkill or on TV, but I really didn't want to have to bathe in tomato juice or whatever after.  It was pretty cute though.  Kind of like a bushy cat.  Good thing I didn't bring Rocky with me or this post would be going a bit differently.
 
Pilates after my run killed me.  Monday and Wednesday are cardio days and since I just got back from about thirty minutes of cardio, I did another twenty minutes of it.  I was sweating hard.  I haven't done the workout calendar since March or April, so this morning's workout was pretty rough.  I knew it was going to be hard, but I don't think my body was prepared for it.  Either way, I did most of the workouts.
 
The Gangnam Style workout is ridiculous because it's just me bouncing around a lot.  I don't think I even do any of the moves right.  I literally think I'm jumping around like a kid, trying to imitate Cassey.  It's embarrassing.  I'm so glad no one was there to see that.  The new workout hasn't come out yet, as far as I know, so I'll probably do it later today.  I may update the blog with how it went and whatnot.
 
Today I'm going to Huntington.  I know I said that last time, but I really am going today.  I've been scared about what they're going to say to me.  I don't want them to turn me down.  I really want this job.  I feel like it was meant for me.  But, I haven't heard from them for two weeks and I'm nervous.  I need to figure out what I'm going to say when I go there.  I'm glad I didn't think about it on my run, or I probably would have broken down again and gone into stress-mode.
 
I'm getting closer to unpacking my room all the way.  It really shouldn't have taken me this long, but I hate unpacking and so I didn't do it.  I think I need to bring a trash can in my room so I can throw a lot of stuff away that I haven't needed since high school.  I'm kind of a hoarder.  It's sometimes a problem.
 
Well, I feel great after working out.  I have a bunch of energy, and I'm ready to take on the day.  My goals for today are to drop by Huntington and look for at least three to five more jobs that are hiring.  I also need to unpack at least two boxes today and maybe throw away some items that I haven't used in a long time.
 
Here we go!
 
Kelly-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment