Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Running: Day 15

Sweaty Pic of the Week (1)
 Motivational Quote: "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" - Marvin Phillips

Favorite Running Song of the Day: "Rock That Body" by Black Eyed Peas

Run Time: 33:00

Distance: 3.03 mi.

Average min/mi: 10:54

Calories Burned: 300

~~~
 
Woo!  I woke up earlier than yesterday and kicked some butt!  I find that I enjoy my runs when I have a longer time to run and fewer walking breaks.  This week's set is run nine minutes and walk two minutes, repeat three times.  This set seems to be my favorite one.
 
Finally!  The picture is how it's supposed to be.  There will probably be another one some time this week.  See all that sweat?!  It's awesome, right?
 
I have yet to get unpacked.  I'll probably do that sometime later today or tomorrow.  My room is a disaster.  I had a moment yesterday when I couldn't remember where I packed my sweats and my room now looks like some madman (or woman) tore the place apart.  I also have the problem of not knowing where my hangers are, so I can't hang up my clothes yet.  This is going to be a fun week.
 
I went to Huntington Learning Center yesterday and I actually got a mini interview and they had me take a portion of the ACT.  They're looking for someone who can help with ACT/SAT prep for the Verbal and Reading portion of the test, and I think I can do something like that.  The experience seemed really positive and they really seemed to enjoy my being there.  I hope that they call me soon to set up another interview.  I would love to work there for a year.  It would keep me in the groove of tutoring as well as confirm my thoughts on teaching for a living.
 
My mom is going in for her last round of chemo today!  I cannot wait.  I get to take her and we're going to leave in a few hours.
 
Here we go!
 
Kelly-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment