Thursday, May 2, 2013

Running: Day 4

Motivational Quote: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Mark Twain

Favorite Running Song of the Day: "Independent Woman" by Destiny's Child

Run Time: 21:00

Distance: 1.94 mi.

Average min/mi: 10:51

Calories Burned: 187

~~~
 
I think I see a pattern with my running.  At this point, I'm not aiming for speed, I'm aiming for not dying and building up my body.
 
I hate the end of the week when it comes to exercising.  I see that it's Thursday and think, "I don't have to run on Saturday," and then I want to skip today so that I can get to Saturday faster.  Those rest days are pesky if I let them get inside my head.
 
I really, really, really did not want to do this this morning.  Even more than yesterday.  When I looked at the quote by Mark Twain, I knew I had to do it.  I mean, if Mark Twain tells you to do something, you do it.
 
The first and last sets are always my favorites.  During the first set I feel energized and alive, like I can do just about anything.  I feel like I can keep running for hours.  During the last set, I'm just about ready to fall over, but I know I only have two more minutes of running and one minute of speed walking.  It's just a bit longer, I tell myself.  I will my legs with my mind to keep going, going, going, until my time reads 21:00.
 
I have a science exam today and I'm not quite sure what it will be like.  We supposedly did a review on Tuesday, but the professor just ran through the slide shows and said, "Blah, blah, blah.  We've covered that . . ."  I mean, how the heck am I going to study if I don't know what the French to study for?!  I do have a good grade in the class and I think if I take my time, I should be okay.  I just pray I don't bomb it.  This section of the class has been the hardest because the professor has been all over the place and not very helpful.
 
This is why I'm an English major.  Mostly everything is up to interpretation, so I can't get anything wrong.  In science, there seems to be a little lee-way and some room for creativity, but essentially, there's always one right answer.
 
Thank God I'm graduating in fifteen days.  It's strange to realize that I'm finally getting my degree.  I'm going to be a college graduate.
 
Now, I just have to find a job.
 
Here we go.
 
Kelly-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment